Below is a guest family law blog post from a US blogger.
You tried every thing to save your marriage but nothing can be done now. The only way is to get a divorce and move out of the nuptial bond. But getting a divorce is not an easy thing to do. Divorce involves loads of legalities and if you are filling a contested divorce then litigations. In order to get divorce yourself, you need to do basic research on divorce. You need to educate yourself on the legalities involved in the process of divorce, the laws and the desired paper work for divorce. There are many free resources where you can get all these information like Internet, law books, bar council journals. If you are ready to pay some money then you can consult a divorce attorney that will explain you all the do and don’t of divorce. Other than this you can join any divorce support group. Here, you will find people who have gone through the pain of divorce and are willing to help others who either are going through divorce or have recently gone through it.
Given below are few steps that you can take in order to file the divorce yourself:
- Educate yourself about divorce: Knowledge can work wonders for you given you use it in the most productive manner. Before filling for divorce make sure that you get your hands on any and all kind of information related to divorce. This will help you broaden your knowledge about divorce and will also clear any doubts if you have about divorce
- Go online: Internet is the most powerful source of information available today. Here you can information about the process of divorce. In order to file the divorce paper, you need complete the papers first. Divorce papers are not easy to complete and require minute details about you and your spouse and family. If you are facing difficulty completing the paper then you can search over Internet about the information on how to complete it. If you are still not able to do so then you can search for online attorneys. They will complete the paper work for you and will get it delivered on your doorstep at a nominal price.
- In order to file the divorce papers you will need various financial documents like bank and credit card statements, investment and mortgage papers, vesicle’s pink slip and all movable and non-movable marital assets. Start collecting these documents once you start making your move toward divorce.
- Consult an attorney: Before filling the divorce paper make sure to consult an attorney on this matter. Explain all the points to him and the circumstances in which you are taking divorce. That person will provide you all the required details about divorce and the laws involved. Consulting a divorce attorney will clear up all your doubts and it will give new directions and areas to work on and get a desired outcome of the case. It may cost you some money but the information that you will get will be very useful in your case
- Join a divorce support group: you can learn a lot from the books but the theoretical knowledge is useless unless you mix some practical experience with it. Joining a divorce support will help in meeting new people who have gone through divorce and are willing to help others who are either going through it or about to go through. Here you will find practical information on divorce and post divorce life. How to settle down in life post divorce and how to manage things , you can learn all from here.
I am Lisa Levis, I am working as content writer since 2010. I am working for www.divorcestatistcs.org. Here I am managing it’s article and blog section which tell about statistics of divorce in America.